NUMBERS ARE PEOPLE COCK-UP BEFORE CONSPIRACY • CITE PRIMARY SOURCES OR GO HOME


Friday 9 August 2013

WEEKEND READING: 10-11 AUGUST 2013


  1. Troika demonisers, prepare for brain overload: Guaranteed Minimum Income is introduced in Cyprus. I'll write more on this unexpectedly libertarian idea soon, unless I can't be bothered of course.
  2. An interesting paper on the social networks of banks as a risk to global financial stability.
  3. Latest Greek Labour Force Survey (May 2013) is out - unemployment is up.
  4. The Porsches aren't back - The last 12 months have seen just 16 Porsches registered for the first time in Greece (6 new, 10 used). 
  5. How prices are weaning Greek industry off Eurozone intermediary inputs
  6. How did Greece's economic elites function in the Bronze Age? - a new study rediscovers the archaeological evidence.
  7. Some additional evidence on the interplay between tax administration and the Greek shadow economy
  8. I've updated my old post about whether Greeks are lazy, adding some excellent European Values Survey data.
  9. The IMF's researchers discuss what makes, or could make, a stress test credible.
  10. Remember that story about the hedge fund trader who was forced to take female hormones? I did yesterday, and looked further into it. The story gets much worse.
  11. Lost money in the Greek PSI? You can sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that I am not notified of any comments and will not respond via comments.

Try to keep your criticism constructive and if you don't like something, do tell me how to fix it. If I use any of your suggestions, you will be duly credited.

Although I'm happy to entertain criticism of myself in the comments section, I will not tolerate hate speech. You will be given a written warning and after that I will delete further offending comments.

I will also delete any comments that are clearly randomly generated by third parties for their own promotion.

Occasionally, your comments may land in the spam box, which may cause them to appear with a slight delay as I have to approve them myself.

Thanks in advance for your kind words... and your trolling, if you are so inclined.